- University of Houston
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
- Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine
- Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Bay Area Foot & Ankle Surgery Residency Program
- Foot & Ankle trauma and reconstructive surgery
- Forefoot and hindfoot elective surgery
- Foot and ankle trauma surgery
- Reconstruction of foot and ankle
- Ankle arthritis (ankle fusion and total ankle replacement)
- Sports injury medicine
- Ankle joint arthroscopic surgery
Shafiq J. Prasla, DPM is a foot and ankle surgeon, who has interests in advance foot and ankle reconstruction.
Dr. Prasla’s professional aspirations began at University of Houston, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. During his undergraduate studies, he became interested in foot and ankle surgery. He then perused his doctorate education at Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine.
His passion for foot and ankle reconstructive surgery continued at the rigorous residency training program in Oakland, California. The residency training program focused on foot and ankle trauma surgery, foot and ankle reconstruction surgery, total ankle replacements, forefoot and hindfoot elective surgery, sports injuries, arthroscopy, Charcot deformity and diabetic limb salvage. Dr. Prasla was fortunate to learn from some of the leaders in foot and ankle surgery during his residency training program. Dr. Prasla has published in multiple scientific journals, lectured at national and local foot and ankle surgery conferences.
Dr. Prasla and his team aim to provide individualized care for each of their patients. We understand that not all patients are the same and may require different treatment options given their circumstances. Their goal is to provide care that will get you back on your feet and enjoy your daily activities.