Foot & Ankle Fracture
At Ankle & Foot Centers of America in Kingwood, Dr. Sultan has extensive training in foot and ankle trauma. From hairline fractures to complete fracture dislocation, it is paramount to seek appropriate care. Most injuries heal appropriately in a timely fashion if treated initially with precision care.
Foot & Ankle Fracture FAQ’s
What fractures do we treat?
- Essentially any foot and ankle fractures whether you need surgical care or conservative care.
- Ankle fractures
- Talus fractures
- Calcaneal (heel) fractures
- Midfoot fractures (including Lisfranc’s Injuries)
- Metatarsal fractures
- Toe fractures
What are my treatment options?
- To treat your fractures we first need to determine the type of fracture, the bone(s) involved, age of the fracture and your activities. We may determine if you need advanced imaging other than radiographs such as a CT scan for accurate mapping of the fracture(s).
- Depending on your fracture(s), treatment may including a fracture shoe, cast, Controlled Ankle Motion (CAM) boot or surgical treatment.
How long is rehab and when can I return to work/activity?
- Depends on your fracture type, bone involved and the treatment offered. Typically bone takes 4-6 weeks to heal. However, some bones and fracture patterns can allow of sooner weight-bearing compared to others.